ROADTEC™ Z8 INTERACT™ ensures peace of mind in the hardest situations, in the cold or wet, providing ideal handling for true riding pleasure.
Riding easiness, comfort, predictability, easy turn in, progressivity in lean, are provided by the interaction of sport touring profiles with the Greek π tread pattern and the patented Interact™ technology.
Interact™ is the multi tension technology allowing Metzeler tyres to offer the best performance in all conditions; the differentiated tensioning of the steel belt underneath the tread compound gives a tailored performance.
- High steel belts winding tension in the center reduces compound movement and increases stability of the footprint area which reduces wear and ensures high speed stability
- Low steel belts winding tension creates more flexibility and energy absorption, the compound increases the temperature and becomes softer, offering more grip while leaning
The variable winding process of the 0° steel belt guarantees a progressive behavior at different lean angles without discontinuity of performance.
Best performance till the last mile, adaptability to different conditions and comfort during long ride, agility in maneuvers even with worn tyre are provided by a unique combination of high silica compound with the Interact™ technology.
High silica componds are known for their longevity and mechanical resistance to abrasion but our patented mixing process is able to further boost this characteristic by increasing its dispersion inside the polimeric matrix and achieving an incomparable level of homogeneosity.
This sofisticated compound is then coupled with a high tension 0° steel belt in the center portion of the tyre that provides a firm support, reduces compound movement and prevents overheating, contributing to reduce the wear of the tyre and hence increase the mileage.
ROADTEC™ Z8 INTERACT™ connects you to the road, especially in the wet.
It always ensures the best stability and allows you to ride with maximum confidence and safety feeling thanks to the groove layout of the tread pattern, inspired by Greek π shape and engineered to enhance water drainage in the hardest conditions.
The grooves modify the stiffness of the tyre and are used to calibrate and optimise the entire contact patch pressure at every lean angle.
Their shape and position have been studied to provide mechanical grip at different lean angles and types of riding. Water drainage, even in deep water, is granted by the presence of large grooves in the footprint area, regardless of the angle.
The central longitudinal grooves are deeper and longer to increase water evacuation. They cover approximately 70% of lean angle typically reached in wet conditions, which delivers a complete feeling of safety. In dry conditions, they work as a pin, which increases the flexibility of the tread and enlarges the footprint area, thus providing stability especially at high speed.
Radial grooves on the shoulders provide optimum drainage at high lean angles, so even those who ride enthusiastically in the wet will discover that the ROADTEC™ Z8 INTERACT™ provides maximum safety in all conditions.
The inclination of the groove wall is designed for a consistent water flow throughout the tyre’s life, even when the wear process is near completion.
- Deep and long to increase water evacuation
- Safety feeling in the wet
- Increases tyre flexibility and enlarges the footprint area
- Water drainage at high lean angles
- Maximum safety in all conditions
- More rubber in contact with the ground
- Better grip on dry at full lean
- Reduced noise and vibration
- 110/70 ZR 17 M/C 54W TL (M)
- 120/60 ZR 17 M/C (55W) TL (M)
- 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL (E)
- 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL (M)
- 110/80 ZR 18 M/C (58W) TL (M)
- 120/70 ZR 18 M/C (59W) TL (M)
- 150/70 ZR 17 M/C (69W) TL (M)
- 160/60 ZR 17 M/C (69W) TL (M)
- 170/60 ZR 17 M/C (72W) TL (M)
- 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W) TL (K)
- 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W) TL (M)
- 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W) TL (O)
- 190/50 ZR 17 M/C (73W) TL (M)
- 190/50 ZR 17 M/C (73W) TL (O)
- 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) TL (M)
- 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) TL (O)
- 140/70 ZR 18 M/C (67W) TL (M)
- 160/60 ZR 18 M/C (70W) TL (M)