Grip on all kind of asphalt
Improved compound solution that enhances the chemical grip and adhesive properties in all different situations.
Our patented mixing process delivers a more homogeneous compound that emphasizes the chemical properties and results in more resistance to wear.
Radial fronts feature a full-silica compound, capable of providing excellent chemical grip in conjunction with the mechanical grip created by the groove layout.
Radial rears feature a dual-compound layout, where the center stripe covers approximately 20% of the tire width, with the remaining 80% equally split between the two shoulders.
The central stripe has a balanced mixture of silica and carbon-black to enhance high-speed stability, heat dispersal and to provide balance between abrasion resistance and grip.
The full-silica compound on the shoulder is similar to that of the front; combined with the tread groove design it delivers excellent grip also on low friction surfaces.
The use of a similar compound on front and rear shoulders provides a homogeneous contact feeling into lean.
The Cap&Base scheme – featuring a thin layer of central compound extending underneath the shoulder compound – provides proper heat distribution.
All ROADTEC™ 01 radials are coupled with the Metzeler 0° steel belt Interact™ technology, contributing both to riding precision and high mileage.